(a) TRE(A) and TRE(PL). Applicants for a TRE certificate for aeroplanes and powered-lift aircraft shall:
(1) in the case of multi-pilot aeroplanes or powered-lift aircraft, have completed 1500 hours of flight time as a pilot of multi-pilot aeroplanes or powered-lift aircraft, as applicable, of which at least 500 hours shall be as PIC.
(2) in the case of single-pilot high performance complex aeroplanes, have completed 500 hours of flight time as a pilot of single-pilot aeroplanes, of which at least 200 hours shall be as PIC.
(3) hold a CPL or ATPL and a TRI certificate for the applicable type.
(4) for the initial issue of an TRE certificate, have completed at least 50 hours of flight instruction as a TRI, FI or SFI in the applicable type or an FSTD representing that type.
Privileges and conditions
(a) TRE(A) and TRE(PL). The privileges of a TRE for aeroplanes or powered-lift aircraft are to conduct:
(1) skill tests for the initial issue of type ratings for aeroplanes or powered-lift aircraft, as applicable.
(2) proficiency checks for revalidation or renewal of type ratings, EIRs and IRs.
(3) skill tests for ATPL(A) issue.
(4) skill tests for MPL issue, provided that the examiner has complied with the requirements in FCL.925.
(5) assessments of competence for the issue, revalidation or renewal of a TRI or SFI certificates in the applicable aircraft category, provided that they have completed at least 3 years as a TRE and have undergone specific training for the assessment of competence in accordance with point FCL.1015 (b).