(b) Applicants for an SFE(H) certificate shall comply with all of the following conditions:
(1) hold or have held an ATPL(H), and a type rating for the applicable type of helicopter.
(2) hold an SFI(H) certificate for the applicable type of helicopter.
(3) have at least 1000 hours of flight time as pilots of multi-pilot helicopters.
(4) for the initial issue of an SFE certificate, have completed at least 50 hours of synthetic flight instruction as a TRI(H) or an SFI(H) on the applicable type.
Privileges and conditions
(b) The privileges of an SFEs(H) are to conduct in an FFS or for the assessments in point (4) on the applicable FSTD:
(1) skill tests and proficiency checks for the issue, revalidation and renewal of type ratings.
(2) proficiency checks for the revalidation and renewal of IRs if those checks are combined with the revalidation or renewal of a type rating, provided that the SFEs have passed a proficiency check for the aircraft type including the instrument rating within the last year preceding the proficiency check.
(3) skill tests for ATPL(H) issue and
(4) assessments of competence for the issue, revalidation or renewal of an SFI(H) certificate, provided that they have completed at least 3 years as an SFE(H) and have undergone specific training for the assessment of competence in accordance with point FCL.1015(b).