Privileges and conditions
(a) The privileges of an IRI are to instruct for the issue, revalidation and renewal of an EIR or an IR on the appropriate aircraft category.
Applicants for an IRI (H) certificate shall:
(1) to provide training in FSTDs during an approved training course at an ATO, have completed at least 125 hours of flight time under IFR after the issuance of the IR, of which at least 65 hours shall be instrument flight time in helicopters.
(2) to provide training in a helicopter, have completed at least 500 hours of flight time under IFR, of which at least 250 hours shall be instrument flight time in helicopters and
(3) to apply for an IR(H) for multi-engine helicopters, meet the requirements of point FCL.905.FI(h)(2).
Revalidation and renewal
To revalidate an FI certificate, holders shall fulfil at least two out of the three following requirements before the expiry date of the FI certificate:
(1) they have completed:
in the case of an FI(A) and an FI(H), at least 50 hours of flight instruction in the appropriate aircraft category as FIs, TRIs, CRIs, IRIs, MIs or examiners. If the privileges to instruct for the IR are to be revalidated, at least 10 of those hours shall be flight instruction for an IR and shall have been completed in the period of 12 months immediately preceding the expiry date of the FI certificate.
(2) they have completed instructor refresher training as an FI at an ATO or at the competent authority. FI(B)s and FI(S)s may complete this instructor refresher training at a DTO.
(3) they have passed an assessment of competence in accordance with point FCL.935 in the period of 12 months immediately preceding the expiry date of the FI certificate.
For at least each alternate revalidation, in the case of FI(A) or FI(H), or each third revalidation, in the case of FI (As), holders of the relevant FI certificate shall pass an assessment of competence in accordance with point FCL.935.
If the FI certificate has expired, applicants shall, within a period of 12 months before the application date for the renewal complete instructor refresher training as an FI at an ATO or at a competent authority or in the case of an FI(B) or FI(S) at an ATO, at a DTO or at a competent authority and complete an assessment of competence in accordance with point FCL.935.
FCL.940.IRI / FCL.940.FI